So much had happened during the past few weeks. I took the Nanyang Girls' High School (NYGH) GAT on 1st July and the Raffles Girls' School (RGS) GAT on 10th July. Yes, yes. I am applying for DSA to both schools. Trust me, parents/children, Direct School Admission is horrible. Taking tests and going for interviews are certainly NOT fun.
Anyway, back to our main topic. I don't think GAT is something that can prepared, so I guess all that you have to do is to sleep well. :D After knowing that there's something called DSA, my mother quickly urged me to apply, though I resisted. After all, I was not a big fan of DSA. To me, DSA is a new and foreign territory. It is something that I'm not used to. I simply did not know what to expect.
Mother told me that I was afraid of failure. I had to admit, I was. So, after much persuasion, I finally applied for it reluctantly and wasted several days writing my RGS personal statement.
So, parents/children, think twice before you apply for DSA. I think DSA is good in the sense that you have a 'higher possibility' of getting into your dream school. For pupils (I'm talking about DSA via Academics) who have won many 'pro' competitions (SMBO, SMOPS, UNSW...), I think you should give it a try. Who knows? You might be what the teachers are looking for. I reckon the reason I did not want to apply for DSA is because I have won only a few competitions.
For other pupils who want to use 'Academics' (those who did not take part in any competitions), I discourage you to do so. Don't forget that taking tests also takes time off your tight schedule.
For pupils who want to use 'CCA', I'm sorry to say that I can't offer any suggestions since I did not use this route. Nevertheless, good luck! I hear it is very tough but if you are really good, I'm sure you will be given a 'Confirmed Offer' as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment